The days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder, but I don’t mind. I love fall! I also love making soup, soup to me is like a warm hug. It reminds me of when I was sick and my mom made me a big bowl of healing soup. It also reminds me of childhood days when it was cold and wet and me and my best friend would stay home and play monopoly and eat Lipton’s chicken noodle soup. I would never buy that packaged soup now, because I know if is full of preservatives and chemicals. I prefer to make my own soup from scratch. If you haven’t heard of bone broth yet, you can find the recipe and why its good for you here. This recipe is my “healthified” version of chicken noodle soup, its gluten free and paleo friendly. I hope you enjoy it!
Paleo Chicken Zoodle Soup Recipe
Dairy Free, Gluten Free
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups of bone broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup of cooked shredded chicken
- 3 stalks of organic celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- In a pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and cook the onion for 3 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the celery, carrots, and thyme followed by the bone broth. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add in the shredded chicken followed by the zucchini noodles (zoodles). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.
GiGi Eats Celebrities says
Break me off a piece of this… Oh wait… You can’t – SPOON ME UP A HUGEEEEE TROUGH of this then! 😉
I know! I have all the ingredients and plan to make a big pot of it tomorrow night.
I love using zucchini noodles for pasta, but I’ve never used it in soup! I’m a HUGE fan of Thai food, so this would be a super fun thing to try with Pho, curry, or Tom Kha Kai. Can’t wait!
I’ve never thought to use them in soup, either! Such an awesome idea by Malika!