I’ve had vegetable noodle envy for quite a while now ever since I saw the delicious veggie noodles my friend Sarah from Low Carb Kitty had been posting on her site. I always saw these noodles and thought to myself “How do you make these?” When I learned it required a special contraption I was kind of bummed because our small kitchen was busting at the seams and we had no more room for goodies. When we moved several months ago, I bought us a housewarming present. What was it? None other than the Paderno Vegetable Spiralizer!
When I first got this lovely paleo kitchen tool I immediately went to the grocery store and bought some zucchini to start spiralizing. The Paderno Veggie Spiralizer was super easy to set up and I didn’t even need to look at the instructions. An And without further ado, here is my Paderno Vegetable Spiralizer review.
Here is what I loved:
- Easy to Assemble – I found it fairly intuitive to use and knew exactly what to do with it right out of the box. No assembly required.
- Easy to Use – Again, super simple to figure out and got it up and running in no time.
- Washes easily- The pieces come apart so you can easily clean it and get all the veggie gunk out of the crevices.
- Makes AWESOME noodles- The noodles come out just the perfect thickness and they remind me of spaghetti consistency which is just what I was looking for.
- Sharp. Very Sharp! Handle with caution. I sliced my finger pretty good the first time I used it. Goes with the territory I suppose
- Length- Noodles come out very long. Have a pair of kitchen scissors on hand to cut them
The other thing I noticed about the Paderno Vegetable Spiralizer is you really need to focus when you have the zucchini in there because sometimes it can slip out of place and cause a mess. But this only happened to me when I wasn’t paying attention so maybe it won’t even happen to you at all.
I have to say that ordering this Paderno Veggie Spiralizer exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. I had been wanting one for a really long time (over a year) and really happy I bit the bullet and bought one. I’ve made some delicious zucchini noodles with it and plan to try and experiment with many more recipes!
What about you? Have you ever made vegetable noodles or used a veggie spiralizer? Post in the comments and let me know!
*Disclosure: I purchased the Paderno Vegetable Spiralizer on my own and loved it so much I wanted to review it. This post does contain affiliate links.