Recipe: Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
I usually find myself sticking to the same dinner ideas every week. I was so excited to switch it up with this Beef and Broccoli stir fry, except I wanted to try it out in my Instant Pot.
The recipe can seem a little intimidating, but after trial and error, it really isn’t that bad at all! I love that I can adapt this recipe to low carb, keto and gluten free.
- 1.5 lbs Beef (I grabbed the diced beef you would use for a stew)
- 4 cups of Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil (Canola, EVOO or coconut)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy (use coconut aminos as a replacement for Whole 30/gluten free – my favorite brand)
- 1/4 cup sweetener (To stay on Whole 30 guidelines do not use sweetener, but I used my favorite coconut sugar)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- sesame seeds for final touch!
- Grab your instant pot and use the sauté setting on medium heat. This will act like a frying pan so you can brown your beef. Add oil of your choice, beef and garlic powder. Stir frequently and cook until brown.
- Next, add your beef broth, soy sauce and sweetener. Stir until the sweetener is dissolved and then turn off sauté mode.
- Attach the lid and make sure your vent is sealed. Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- While the instant pot is cooking – put broccoli in a pot with 2 cups of water, steam until done.
- When 15 minutes is complete, quick release and then remove lid.
- In a small bowl, use 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and take 1/2 cup of liquid from the instant pot. Whisk together until thick and creamy. Add back in to instant pot.
- Turn sauté mode on and stir frequently to let beef and juices simmer. This will make everything a little thicker. Turn off sauté and add your steamed broccoli.
- Voila! A few great ways to enjoy this is with cauliflower rice, brown rice or spiraled veggies!
You had me at the word instant…
And broccoli is my favourite vegetable! Throw in beef, and does it get much better than this?! Yum! I look forward to trying this recipe soon 🙂
I keep seeing AMAZING instant pot recipes. I need to get one. This sounds so good!
This is going to be a complete meal for me with a little rice on the side! yummy!
This is going to be a complete meal for me with a little rice on the side yummy!
Crafty For Home says
I love this kind of meal, and using Instant Pot is even better for a quick ready meal.
Can’t go wrong with a good instant pot dinner! This looks and sounds so tasty!
This is amazing but I hope it will come out the same when I try it out on normal pots as I don’t have a instant pot. This is also a great way to add some of the rich in iron food into my diet! I have a feeling this is going to be a favourite in my household too! Thank you so so so much!
D, xo || from https://livedreamcreate-d.com
You just gave me an idea for dinner tonight! Sounds delicious and easy! Thanks!
My husband would love this! I’ve got an IP, must try this