I am so excited to announce that I have purchased an Instant Pot! While it has been on my wish list for a while, I will say that I was very intimated when the box showed up on my door step. Now that I’ve read some feedback and used it for the first time, I cannot believe I’ve been missing out!
I consider shredded chicken to be fairly easy and it is one of my go-to’s. You can add so much flavor and really include shredded chicken in to any meal. Now that I have an Instant Pot on board, my life just got a whole lot easier!
This Gluten Free Mexican Chicken recipe has been a favorite in our house for a few years. I like that I can leave it in a crockpot, bake it in the oven or throw in the Instant Pot. Not only are there so many different ways to prepare, but you can make this chicken and have it any way you like!
Personally, I like creating a burrito bowl with chicken, rice, beans, cheese and leftover salsa. My husband enjoys using flour tortilla shells (or corn to keep it GF), or you can make burritos one night and shredded chicken nachos the next!
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts
- 1 Large Jar of Salsa
- 1 Packet of Taco Seasoning
Preparation for Instant Pot:
- Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot. Season both sides with the taco seasoning.
- Pour entire jar of salsa over chicken.
- Lock Instant Pot lid and keep the knob sealed. Set to Poultry, Normal Pressure Level and press the “+” until you reach 24 minutes.
- While that it cooking, you can go ahead and prepare your rice, beans and other toppings.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking, turn top knob to Ventilate. Release all the pressure, remove lid and transfer chicken breasts to a bowl for shredding.
- Once you finish shredding, you can either place the remaining salsa with it or I like to keep it on the side for my burrito bowl or topping on a tortilla.
See! It really is that easy. If I’m able to do it with a cranky toddler running around during lunch time, then you can easily prepare this for dinner!
Paleo-Friendly: This recipe is so versatile, I wanted to share a great way to make this Paleo friendly.
- Substitute packet of taco seasoning with 1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt. (Primal Palate is a favorite of mine!)
- Wrap chicken in grain free tortillas.