Top 15 Blog Posts of 2015
As 2015 draws to a close I would like to highlight some of my favorite posts this year. These blog posts are a mix of recipes, product reviews, and experiences and events that were special to me.
The other day a friend on Facebook asked how we would describe our 2015 in one word. Mine was “motherhood.” I want to thank you all for continuing to read Fit & Awesome as I navigate the life balance of being a mom, running my digital marketing consulting business, and writing for Fit & Awesome. In January I started having regular contributors to the site and that made a big difference in my first few months as a new mom. Thank you to everyone who has written for Fit & Awesome this year. You can see all of these writer’s lovely faces on our Contributors Page here.
The list is in descending order with my #1 blog post of the year included at the end. I hope you all enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed putting it together!
15) Chef V Green Drink Review – I received a sample of this green drink when Baby Awesome was first born. It was delivered to my doorstep and I loved it! Later in November of 2015, Chef V sponsored an event I helped organize with Social Media Club Los Angeles. In January I am planning to try out their 3 day organic juice cleanse.
14) Whole 30 Egg Frittata Recipe- I pretty much ate different variations of this Whole 30 Egg frittata every day while were on our family Whole 30 this past June. I love it so much and apparently a lot of other people did too because it’s one of my top posts for the year. I plan to post more Whole 30 recipe content when we do our next family whole 30 in January (after my juice cleanse).
13) Whole Foods Playa Vista Review- Touring the new Whole Foods Playa Vista was a real treat. I love their Poke bar so much. I think Playa Vista is a very hot area in LA right now and I love that I got a chance to be there when the new Whole Foods opened.
12) Take A Birthday Hike – I love this guest post from Rebekka on healthy ways to celebrate your birthday. I am a firm believer you should do something on your birthday that sets the tone for the new year and a birthday hike is a great way to do that!
11) Caulifried Rice Recipe – This was an awesome recipe created by the talented Malika Smith of Everything’s Better Sprouted. Malika contributed two different recipes to Fit & Awesome this year and both were delicious.
10) Pets and Pacis – I just about died of laughter the morning I walked out of the bathroom and saw Kona with Baby Awesome’s pacifier in her mouth. So glad I was able to capture that moment on camera. Hilarious to find out that other mommies have the same issues with their fur babies, too!
8) K9 Summerfest – We had such a great time hanging out at the K9 Summerfest with Verizon Fios. Kona had a blast and our family did, too. Grateful for fun experiences like this that the whole family can enjoy.
7) Homemade Paleo Protein Bar Recipe – Karen W. from Real Energy Food was a new contributor to Fit & Awesome and she created a great homemade paleo protein bar recipe. I made it many times at home and it was so good. I hope we can get Karen to contribute to F & A again in the near future.
6) Top Finds at Expo West 2015 – This was my second year attending Natural Products Expo West. I loved being a part of the WeBlog team and scouting out the best products from the show made with the least amount of ingredients possible. Expo West is by far one of my favorite conferences of the year.
5) How to Make Your Own Kombucha – I’ve always been interested in learning about how to brew your own Kombucha and got to learn more about it from Ali Lawrence over at Homey Improvements.
4) Interview with Heather Krug – My good friend Heather has become a badass Ultrarunner and I loved interviewing her on her experience for a feature on Fit & Awesome.
3) Meeting Landon Donovan! – If you’re a regular reader of Fit & Awesome you will know my husband and I are huge soccer fans. One of my top moments of 2015 was going to Stub Hub Center and getting the opportunity to juggle the soccer ball with Landon Donovan.
2) Fit & Awesome SoulCycle Ride – In August of 2015 I hosted my first offline event – an influencer ride at SoulCycle to celebrate their opening in Manhattan Beach. There were 62 spots in the class and we sold out within 24 hours. It was so cool to get to meet some Fit & Awesome readers in person and we had some great sponsors. I’d like to try and do at least 1-2 more events in 2016. They are so fun!
and the number one post of 2015 is…
1) Introducing Baby Awesome – This was by far my favorite moment of 2015 and it was published on January 7th of this year! The birth of our daughter was one of the most special days of my life and I’m so happy I wrote about the experience here and can look back at it over time. The best!
Thanks for taking a look at my Top 15 of 2015. Onward to 2016!
What are some of your top moments from 2015? Post in the comments and let me know!
AJ Feuerman (@ajfeuerman) says
I made the list?! I’m so honored!