**Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Target® C9 through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Target® C9 all opinions are my own.
You’ve all heard me talk about how hot it’s been in Southern California. Well, in the last couple weeks we’ve finally been able to get a taste of what Fall feels like. It’s been colder in the morning and I’ve actually had to remember to bring a sweatshirt when I go on nighttime walks with Kona. Feeling the chill in the air and the subtle change in the weather makes me happy.
As we’re finally transitioning to Fall here in SoCal, the rest of the country is already moving on to winter. I can’t even imagine living where there is snow on the roads. Eek. Do you continue to swim in a pool in the winter? How do you stay active? Here are some tips for staying active as the seasons change:
- Change Up Your Workout Routine – If you normally work out in the mornings it can be hard to motivate to wake up early when it’s cold outside. Try moving your workouts to the evenings a couple times a week to see if that helps motivate you to keep up your routine.
- Move Your Workouts Indoors – Feeling like it’s too cold to run outside? Try taking a spin class or something else indoors. Or move your swim workout to an indoor heated pool. If you don’t belong to a gym, you can always find a workout online and do it in the comfort of your own home, too!
- Layer Up With The Right Gear- When you have the proper gear to workout outside, you will love being outside in the cold on a rainy or even snowy day. I am not running right now due to pregnancy, but I absolutely love being able to put on a beanie and gloves and run outdoors. It’s not very often during the year that I’m able to do that and I love to be outdoors and experience the changing of the season. I am also a big fan of buying new workout clothes for each season. Why? Because it helps motivate you to look and feel your best! If you are looking for some great new workout gear to layer up with, check out the Target® C9 Line to view some of their awesome new products
- Listen To Your Body- Sometimes you may not feel as motivated or inspired during the winter months. That’s okay. Take it slow and keep your workouts consistent, but don’t get hard on yourself if you lighten up on the intensity for a while.
- Buddy Up- Working out is way more fun when you have a buddy! So partner up and get moving. Instead of happy hour or drinks, make plans to go to a Zumba or Spin class with your friend instead. You’ll burn extra calories and feel great doing it, too!
I really enjoy the changing of the seasons and love varying up my workout routine based on the time of year and changing my gear accordingly. Pants, Tights, and long sleeves are great for the winter months. So what are you waiting for, get out there and embrace change this winter season!
What about you? How do you stay active when the seasons change? Post in the comments and let me know!