Tia Blanco is a Pro Surfer, Athlete, Vegan, and Reef Ambassador. She is only 16 years old and already ranked #1 in the NSSA Open Women’s Division for surfing. Crazy! That’s pretty impressive.
In addition to being a pro surfer, Tia lives a healthy lifestyle by adding running, yoga, stand up paddling, and tumbling into her workout routine. She also follows a strict vegan diet.
I recently had the chance to catch up with Tia and ask her what her top tips were for how to be Fit & Awesome and live a healthy lifestyle. Here’s what she had to say:
1) Exercise consistently!
2) Stay hydrated all the time. Drink plenty of water and coconut water.
3) Stay positive and make goals for yourself. I find that you work out your hardest when you have goals you are trying to reach for. (I have a dream board at home of pictures and cut outs of my idols and goals in life).
4) Fuel yourself with the right foods before and after your workouts.
5) Snack throughout the day to increase your metabolism. (nuts, fruits, veggies)
6) Go green! With my vegan diet I feel so energized daily. Eating clean makes me feel light on my feet during my workouts.
7) Love and respect yourself.
These are some pretty wise tips from a 16 year old. When I was 16 I was probably chowing down on candy and washing it down with Coca Cola. I always find it impressive when people can start their path on a healthy and active lifestyle at such a young age. Thanks for sharing your tips with us , Tia! You are truly Fit & Awesome.
If you are interested in learning more about Tia, you can connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or read her bio on the Reef Ambassador page.
What about you? What are some of your tips to live a Fit & Awesome lifestyle? Do you know Tia Blanco? Ever aspire to be a pro surfer? Post in the comments and let me know!
Michelle Andrews says
I would love to be like Tia when I grow up! Ever since I was little I have always been a water baby and have had big dreams of surfing my whole life. I am only 13 years of age, but I want as much advice as possible so I can reach my goal. Tia Blanco is a big inspiration in my life and I will try as hard as I can to try and reach my life goals in being a surfer just like Tia.