Awesome Fridays: Flag Day, Dog Search 2013, Sweat Pink, and more
Happy Awesome Friday, everyone! I hope your week has gone well and you are getting ready for the weekend. TGIF. If you didn’t know, today is Flag day. Happy Flag day! I saw this ecard and it made me laugh:
This week has been busy but fulfilling. Here are a couple highlights:
- I was chosen to be a Sweat Pink Ambassador. I am so excited! You can read more about it here
- Dog search 2013. If those of you haven’t been following, my husband and I are looking for a dog to join our family. We are set on getting a golden retriever and exploring all our options right now from puppy to rescue. If anyone has any tips or advice for us, we’re all ears.
- Soccer – USA is at the top of the hex after beating Panama 2-0 on Wednesday. The US Men’s team played really well and their passing has gotten insanely better. If you are not watching soccer, start because the world cup is coming to Brazil next year!
- Awesome Gadgets ROCK. I got this new [easyazon-link asin=”B000OOYECC” locale=”us”]Macbook Laptop Stand[/easyazon-link] for my home office and it’s made a huge difference. No more hunched over on my laptop. Yay.
- Running- I went on my first 3 mile run in who knows how long. Normally I just run when I play soccer twice a week. For those of you who are unfamiliar with my story, running a lot is actually not good for me and my body type. But sometimes you just feel like you have to run. Yesterday I went and ran to the MB pier and back. It felt good and familiar. My legs are even a little sore today. Must have been the sprints up the hill. Ouch!
- My latest fix from Stitchfix arrived. Expect an update later today or tomorrow once I try everything on.
My workouts were OK this week but not as good as I had planned due to some unforeseen GI issues on tuesday / wednesday night. It was not fun. Here’s what my week has looked like:
- Sunday: Swim 1600 yds
- Monday: Double Header Soccer Game ( 2hours). We won our first game 3-0 and our second 6-0. I had one goal in each game. Woot! The second game I was filling in because the team had no girls who showed up. The guys were all from Scotland and had very heavy accents. I felt like I was in Europe. It was so fun!
- Tuesday: Rest
- Wednesday: Planned to workout but had tummy issues
- Thursday: 3 Mile Run
- Friday: STAND UP PADDLEBOARDING
That’s right, later today I am throwing on my bikini and heading out to Marina Del Rey for some Friday happy hour paddling. Who says Happy Hour has to revolve around drinking? Being out on the water is always my happy hour!
Today is the 6 month anniversary of the Sandy Hook school shooting. Please take a moment today to think about everyone affected and honor their memory today.
That’s all I got for ya today. Have a great weekend. Be fit. Be awesome. Love your life!
Any fun plans for the weekend? Thoughts on the last week? Post in the comments and let me know!