Happy Awesome Friday!
Happy Awesome Friday, everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic week. I was in San Francisco earlier this week for work and had a great time. I love how tech-centric that city is! Everywhere I went had free wifi and plenty of outlets for people to sit down and plug in their computer or charge their phones. I loved it! And top it off, Hillary Clinton spoke at the event I was at. So cool!
I feel like doing a bullet point list for Awesome Fridays this week so here is this week’s list of awesome:
- The Festival of Golden Retrievers. My friend AJ sent this link to me and I just about died. I want to be surrounded by this many golden retrievers. So sweet!
- One of my personal goals this year is to speak at my first event. I applied to speak at the IDEA World Lightning round. My pitch is #23 and called Your Blog, Your Personal Brand. There are 30 pitches and people are being asked to vote on their favorites. The top 8 will be chosen to speak at the event. I would be honored if you would vote for me!
- Uber is rocking my world this week. I rode in Ubers about 6 or 7 different times this week and was so pleased with the experience. Every time my Uber picked me up I was greeted by a friendly driver and a bottle of water. I don’t ever want to step foot in a Yellow Taxi Cab ever again now!
- Reading. I bought a whole bunch of new books to read at the marketing conference I went to. Most are marketing related, but this one called Content Rules might be interesting for all my blogger friends out there. I can’t wait to dive into it.
- The Verizon #MoreSoCal series also continues to rock my world. Part 3 was released this week and next week we are hosting a Twitter Chat with an Olympic Snowboarder! I couldn’t be more stoked. More details to come.
- This article on classic album covers in Google Street View. Wow.
In other news, the 30 day Squat Challenge is going well. I decided to get a little experimental and add “puppy squats” into the mix on Sunday. For those of you unfamiliar with puppy squats, it is where you hold a puppy and SQUAT. Well, Kona is still a puppy but she’s over 50 lbs. I was SORE for the entire next day after squatting with her.
I have to say, I am feeling pretty yucky from traveling the past few days on little sleep and not enough exercise. Looking forward to taking some time this weekend to relax and regroup. Have a great Friday everyone! Be fit. Be awesome.
What about you? Have you ever done puppy squats? Do you enjoy traveling for work? How do you stay fit while you’re on the road? Post in the comments and let me know.
Betty LIVIN says
Ha ha! I LOVE puppy squats! I’m going to have to give those a try!
AJ (@AmandaJoy) says
You + me + puppies. Let’s go.
Running Hutch says
When do you get your puppy???
Running Hutch says
Apples and Arteries says
Kostas weighs 85-90lbs and would never let me pick him up like that!!
But we get our Black Lab puppy in June and he’ll be 6 mo old so he will be a better squat partner!!
I always workout when I travel for work. Sometimes that means a 5am treadmill run in the hotel gym, but something is better than nothing.
Enjoy the weekend.