Simple Taco Salad Recipe With Paleo Dressing
I learned how to make easy taco salad recipe when I was doing the whole 30. Well, the taco salad recipe is pretty much already paleo but I did make my own paleo salad dressing to go along with it and it is damn tasty.
Here’s what you will need:
- Ground Beef or Ground Turkey. I prefer to use grass-fed ground beef in this recipe but ground turkey is also good. I use one lb of ground beef or turkey when I make this, but if you want to make more then use more depending on the number of people you are serving.
- Cooking Oil: I recommend coconut oil or ghee
- 1 clove Garlic
- Spices: or Taco Seasoning (depends on if you are going paleo style or not. More info below.)
- Lettuce: I used Romaine for the salad in the picture but I’ve used spinach before too.
- Red Pepper: I use one pepper cut into long strips.
- Avocado: I used one avocado cut into cubes.
- 2 TBSPs Olive Oil
- 1 splash Sesame Oil
- 1-splash Apple Cider Vinegar
- Ginger to taste
- Juice of Lemon
- Turmeric Powder
First, place your cooking oil in the pan and add 1 clove chopped garlic. Then begin to cook the ground beef or ground turkey. Once it begins to brown, add in your spices / seasoning. I used a blend of I used a blend of curry powder, turmeric, cayenne pepper, and sea salt in the meat mixture and it tasted really good. I came up with this combination by trying to recreate what was in taco seasoning because I could not have regular taco seasoning as it wasn’t paleo or whole30 approved. If you are not concerned about this factor, any taco seasoning will work just fine.
Next, prepare your salad (Or do this first. Your preference.) Place lettuce, red peppers, and avocado in a bowl.
Once that is done, Make your dressing. You should make sure you have a good food processor for this. Add the olive oil, sesame oil, and apple cider vinegar. Note: The apple cider vinegar is strong so go lightly at first. Next add some fresh, grated ginger (again, to your liking). Then, squeeze the juice of a lemon. I use up to a whole lemon sometimes depending on how much dressing I am making. Then add your turmeric powder. If you are feeling a little crazy, throw a clove of garlic in there to really kick it up a notch.
Serve dressing on the side and pour sparingly over salad. And there you have it, an easy simple taco salad recipe that will be a big hit! Just make sure to adjust the spices based on your preferences and this will be a guaranteed hit!
Do you like taco salads? Do you make sure they are paleo friendly? Have you ever tried your hand at homemade dressing? Post in the comments and let me know!Shop Amazon - Top Holiday Deals in Sports