Recipe: Gluten Free Pumpkin Granola Parfait
I decided to get creative in the kitchen and the result was this wonderful gluten free pumpkin granola parfait. It was so good that I just had to share the recipe. It’s a perfect healthy snack to have on a nice Fall morning or even as a dessert. Here’s the recipe for my gluten free pumpkin yumminess. Enjoy!
Here’s what you will need:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pudding:
- 1 Can pumpkin
- 1 Can coconut cream – I used the kind from Trader Joe’s.
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Coconut Sugar (I only used a little but stir in to taste until you get a sweetness you like. )
Extra Parfait Ingredients:
- Greek Yogurt – I buy the 0% Fage Brand.
- Gluten Free Granola (for this batch I used Udi’s Gluten Free Vanilla Granola. I also LOVE the KIND Granola)
- Mason Jars for a nice beautiful finishing touch.
The first step in making your gluten free pumpkin granola parfait is to make the pumpkin pudding. Grab a medium sized bowl and pour in the coconut cream and pumpkin. Then add in the spices. Mix it up and add the coconut sugar. You will notice the pumpkin pudding will not taste sweet on its own so you will need to add the coconut sugar to your liking and it may be up to a cup if you have a really big sweet tooth. You be the judge. The pumpkin will be clumpy and you will have to break up the lumps so make sure to stir well. I used my hand blenderto mix it up until smooth and it was perfect!
Make sure you taste test the pumpkin pudding otherwise it may not be the sweetness you desire! Ours tasted like pumpkin pie filling when we were done which was exactly what we were going for. Yum! Refrigerate the pumpkin pudding and set aside or begin making your parfaits.
Parfait Making Instructions:
- First, grab your mason jar and put a nice layer of pumpkin pudding in on the bottom
- Then spoon on the greek yogurt on top
- Next, add the gluten free granola to your gluten free pumpkin parfait. You may need to lightly tap the mason jar on the counter to let everything smooth and even out.
- Add your next layer of pumpkin pudding, greek yogurt, and gluten free granola
- Seal the mason jar shut and refrigerate. When you’re ready to it, just open it up and grab a spoon! I found this recipe yields 3-4 mason jars full depending on how much pumpkin pudding you use. If you use less I bet you could fill more jars.
And wa la, there you have it. A perfect fall gluten free pumpkin granola parfait just in time for Fall. Mine lasted more than one serving and it’s been great to have in the fridge as a snack. You could also just eat the pudding on its own.
What about you? Have you ever make a parfait? Or pumpkin pudding? Post in the comments and let me know!