*Lindsay’s Note: This cauliflower fried rice recipe is a guest post by Malika Smith of Everything’s Better Sprouted. It’s paleo and whole30 friendly and my mouth is watering just reading it. Enjoy!
I know that cauliflower is not most people’s favorite vegetable! It is however very healthy, it’s a great source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Cauliflower has been known to smell up my kitchen a bit when I’m cooking it, but I promise you this recipe is worth it. My boyfriend is not a cauliflower lover and he LOVED this dish! I took the traditional recipe for “fried rice” and made it healthier, paleo friendly and lower in carbs. Cauliflower is a low glycemic food, it has half the GI (glycemic index) of rice, so it doesn’t spike your insulin levels. If you need a little more protein you could add chicken or prawns to this recipe. It was delicious as is and I plan on making it again soon! Enjoy!
Caulifried Rice Recipe – Gluten Free and Paleo
Here’s What You Will Need:
- 1 head of cauliflower (riced)
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced or grated
- 1/3 cup green peas
- 2 organic eggs
- 3 green spring onions, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Braggs, coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
optional: pea shoots for garnish
1. In your food processor use the grating blade to ‘rice” your head of cauliflower. In a large pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat, add the onion first, cooking for 2 minutes, then add your garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Next add the cauliflower and carrots to the pan and cook for another few minutes, then add your peas and green onion and season with your braggs or sauce of choice.
3. In a bowl beat the 2 eggs together then add them to your pan and heat until the eggs are cooked.
4. Add in the cilantro and remove from the heat.
5. Serve in 2 bowls, garnishing with sesame seeds and pea shoots.
What about you? Have you ever tried cauliflower fried rice? Curious to check it out? Post in the comments below and let us know your thoughts!