SoCal Health & Wellness Expo on April 10th
Last week I learned about a cool event happening in Los Angeles on April 10th. It’s called the SoCal Health & Wellness Expo and it’s being hosted by SoCal Moms and Belin Wellness group. I recently caught up with my longtime friend Carly Tedeski who is the Head of Partnerships for SoCal Moms and asked her a little more about the event. Here’s what she had to say!
Tell us a little bit about yourself and your role at SoCal Moms. How did you get involved with the organization?
I’m the Head Of Partnerships at SoCal Moms and I love exploring new brands for us to bring to our families. I got involved with the organization when my twins were one and a half years old. I took them to Toddler Camp which is another program we run throughout LA. I heard about the position and thought it’d be such a great fit for me.
2) The Health & Wellness Expo is coming up on April 10th. Can you tell us a bit about the event?
This is our second year hosting the SoCal Health & Wellness expo. It’s such a fun and popular event that we host it twice a year. You can check out the website at socalwellnessexpo.com.
3) Who should attend?
Pre and Postnatal moms. Dads are welcome to come and listen to the panels and learn, too!
4) What three things are you looking forward to most about the Health and Wellness Expo this year? I’m looking forward to the delicious raw milk and cheese tasting from Organic Pastures. I’m excited to see lots of families come together to learn about such important topics, and for the product demo and raffle that we have from Kidsland and our other sponsors.
5) Why is health and wellness such an important topic for families?
As GMO’s become more prevalent in our foods, it’s important to know what we are eating and where it’s coming from and be able to make the choice for ourselves and our families. We as consumers deserve it. For me this is just the way I have always lived my life- eating clean and organic, cooking, working out, trying to keep a green home, recycling and up cycling but there’s so much info out there that it’s nice to have it presented to you from an organization like ours that cares about all these topics.
6) Anything fun we should know about the event itself or its speakers?
This event we are going to have a “belly Bar” with massages from Berlin Wellness using Weleda products and belly tattoos. We have 3 different panels on topics such as healthy living, an empowered birth, and your guide to having the best birth and recovery.
7) What is your number one tip for staying Fit & Awesome?
That even as a busy mom you need to take time for yourself to do whatever kind of physical activity makes you stronger, more grounded, and a happier mom. We all need a break and we need to be healthy to do the job of raising lil ones.
Carly and the kind folks at SoCal Moms have offered to give away a pair of tickets to the SoCal Moms Health & Wellness Expo for FOUR lucky Fit & Awesome readers. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!Shop Amazon - The Electronics Holiday Gift Guide