The day has come. It’s time to kick off Expo West 2015! For those of your who are unfamiliar with Expo West, it is the biggest natural products trade show around with over 2,500 brands exhibiting. It would seriously take you 3 full days just to walk all the halls of the Anaheim Convention Center to see all the brands who will be there. Last year was my first year attending and I had a great experience. So many wonderful things happened to me as a result of Expo West 2014 and I am grateful. My goal is to make Expo West 2015 an even better experience!
This year I will be one of the official bloggers for the show again as part of the New Hope WeBlog Editorial team. I had a blast doing this last year and picking my favorite products of the show. I’m so honored to be in such great company with the following other bloggers:
- Sarah Kay Hoffman – Blogger and founder of A Loving Spoon. I am OBSESSED with her cacao peanut butter. But that is another story for another time.
- Erica at Celiac and the Beast
- Whitney from Eco Vegan Gal
- Rachel from Mommy Greenest
- Jules from GF Jules
- Jennifer of GF Go-To Guide
- Jacqueline from My Vegan Journal
- Brandon at The Health Crunch
Some of these lovely bloggers are people whose blogs I followed before I ever started Fit & Awesome so it’s pretty special for me to be on the WeBlog editorial board with them. We will all be walking around the show with badges that say WeBlog team. If you see one of us, be sure to say hi!
This year is going to be different for me at the show for several reasons. Why? Because I’m a new mom with a 10 week old awesome baby. Last year at the show I wasn’t even pregnant yet. This is also going to be my first time being away from Baby Awesome all day for several days in a row. I am not going to lie. I am a bit anxious about it, but I know she will be okay. I am thankful we have family nearby so she will be in the best of care while I’m away. Here is a snapshot of products I’m looking for at the show:
- The newest trends in gluten-free and paleo products. I’ve been hearing a lot about cricket protein and curious to check it out
- Products with less than 5 ingredients
- Eco-friendly baby products for Baby Awesome
- Any products that are good for new moms – healthy snacks, skin care products, anything to help with recovery, etc
- Eco-Friendly and Fair Trade Certified Products – This was a section of the expo I didn’t get to spend time at last year and I’m looking forward to spending some time there this year
- Pet Products for Kona
Other goals I have for the show are to meet up with fellow bloggers, PR peeps, and business contacts. These shows are sometimes the only chance I have to connect in person so I don’t want to miss that opportunity. I also want to introduce my blogger friends to some of the awesome brands I am working with on the digital marketing side. I am passionate about their products and think others will be, too. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram throughout the show to learn more about them.
If you are reading this and will be at the show, please let me know if you would like to meet up! I love meeting with people who have checked out my site. Now it’s time to get ready to hit the road for Anaheim at Expo West 2015. Hope to see you there!
What about you? Have you ever been to Expo West? Have any recommendations of products I should look out for? Let me know!