Whole 30 Challenge: Day 1 & Day 2 Recap
Well, Day 1 and Day 2 of the Whole 30 Challenge are complete. I have been sick in bed with the cold / flu virus that’s going around right now for the past 4 days so it hasn’t been too difficult. Making food has seemed like a chore just because I haven’t felt up to it but I’ve been making in bulk as much as I can.
Here’s a rundown of what I’ve eaten so far:
- Breakfast: I made my own Egg “McMuffins” with egg whites, spinach, jalapeno, garlic, and topped with 1/2 of an Avocado. Super yummy. I found I needed 3-4 of these egg muffins to keep me satisfied because I only made them with Egg Whites. I did this due to my high cholesterol. Although people keep telling me to use whole eggs even though I have high cholesterol. What do you think?
- Lunch: Turkey Stuffed Peppers. I took the same spinach, jalapeno, and garlic mixture and mixed it with ground turkey and made turkey stuffed peppers. They were SO good!
- Dinner: I reheated a turkey stuffed pepper leftover from lunch. So good!
Overall the first day was pretty breezy. I was more focused and concerned about being sick. Because I haven’t been feeling well, my general interest in food has been low so that’s made it easier, too. The only hard part was at night when my husband asked me if I wanted a glass of wine. Um, he’s supposed to be doing Whole 30 with me. He thought wine was allowed! And brown rice! I want to be on his Whole30. Ha! Anyway, he decided wine is going to be allowed on his Whole 30. Funny guy. I’m fine with it because he likes all of the meals I’m cooking.
I also spent a fair amount of time on the Whole 30 Website. I don’t feel like I have enough information on how much protein, fat, and carbs to aim for in each meal. If anyone has this info and wants to send it over to me, I’d appreciate it!
I woke up this morning feeling much better. Thank goodness. I was so weak these past few days that I took a bath instead of a shower. It was pretty miserable. I finally got the energy to take a shower and that made me happy. I was also happy to wake up and find many new people coming to my blog and reading about my journey. Thank you to everyone who has connected with me over the past day. You are all truly awesome.
I had a weird food dream the previous night. I dreamed that I was at a party and someone offered me cake. I said okay, I’ll have a slice. This is weird because I’m gluten-free. But then I said “Wait, I have to go get my pill before I eat the cake.” In my dream I took a pill that made the cake gluten-free. Very weird. Anyway, onto food!
- Breakfast: I had leftover egg muffins with 1/2 avocado and blueberries. I also drank a fresh cold-pressed vegetable juice from my local juicery, Kreation Juicery. I have done their juice cleanse several times and I’m a big fan of theirs. It was perfectly satisfying. I also made my food into a little picture (above) and posted it on Instagram. I thought it was cute.
- Lunch: Chicken Soup with Coconut Water. I made this soup in the crockpot and it was originally a gluten-free recipe but had corn and beans. I took out the corn and beans to make it Whole30 approved and it was still yummy
- Dinner: I made extra meat sauce from the Turkey with stuffed peppers last night and put it on top of cauliflower rice. It was my first time making cauliflower rice and I thought it tasted too bitter. If anyone has any tips, let me know!
Overall today was fine. I did have a couple moments where I realized my psychological dependency on food. In the middle of the afternoon I thought I wanted a snack. But then I asked myself if I was really hungry. I wasn’t. Then I thought I’d walk across the street to get a snack (this was a 2nd instance later in the day) only again to tell myself that it was just my mind talking. The mind is a powerful thing.
I ran out of a lot of food today and haven’t been good about planning for Day 3. I am having egg whites and fruit for breakfast and then chicken soup again for lunch. Will need to think more about dinner. If anyone has a suggestion, send it my way.
Do you have a recipe that’s Whole30 approved? Post in the comments and let me know. I’d love to try it.
Shop Amazon - The Electronics Holiday Gift Guide