Recipe: Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
I usually find myself sticking to the same dinner ideas every week. I was so excited to switch it up with this Beef and Broccoli stir fry, except I wanted to try it out in my Instant Pot.
The recipe can seem a little intimidating, but after trial and error, it really isn’t that bad at all! I love that I can adapt this recipe to low carb, keto and gluten free.
- 1.5 lbs Beef (I grabbed the diced beef you would use for a stew)
- 4 cups of Broccoli
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil (Canola, EVOO or coconut)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy (use coconut aminos as a replacement for Whole 30/gluten free – my favorite brand)
- 1/4 cup sweetener (To stay on Whole 30 guidelines do not use sweetener, but I used my favorite coconut sugar)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- sesame seeds for final touch!
- Grab your instant pot and use the sauté setting on medium heat. This will act like a frying pan so you can brown your beef. Add oil of your choice, beef and garlic powder. Stir frequently and cook until brown.
- Next, add your beef broth, soy sauce and sweetener. Stir until the sweetener is dissolved and then turn off sauté mode.
- Attach the lid and make sure your vent is sealed. Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- While the instant pot is cooking – put broccoli in a pot with 2 cups of water, steam until done.
- When 15 minutes is complete, quick release and then remove lid.
- In a small bowl, use 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and take 1/2 cup of liquid from the instant pot. Whisk together until thick and creamy. Add back in to instant pot.
- Turn sauté mode on and stir frequently to let beef and juices simmer. This will make everything a little thicker. Turn off sauté and add your steamed broccoli.
- Voila! A few great ways to enjoy this is with cauliflower rice, brown rice or spiraled veggies!