Do you feel like you have no time to exercise?
I get it. I know the feeling of not having a minute to spare. Being a wife & mother trying to balance work with household responsibilities can leave very little wiggle room in my schedule. But I’ve learned by intentionally following a few simple steps, I will have more time for myself and make exercise a priority. The time I invest in myself by staying active helps me to be the best version of myself at home and at work.
Let’s be honest…you probably have no “extra” time in your schedule to fit in a sweat session. But you can create scheduling magic by making exercise a priority and then following through with your plan.
Here are a few simple ways you can make the magic happen:
- Truly believe you are worth the investment of time. You and your family/friends/co-workers will benefit when you feel less stressed and more energetic. You deserve to feel healthy and strong!
- Take a close look at how you’re spending your day. What can you stop doing? What can you do smarter? What can someone else help you with?
- Be realistic with your current life stage. If you have a newborn, it may be difficult to start working out at the gym for 2 hours daily. But you could fit in a quick 20 minute workout in the living room while baby is sleeping or in a swing. If you work long hours, it may be ideal to add in a walk or run during your lunch break. Or you may need to turn off Netflix at 10 pm to get enough sleep for an early morning workout.
- Schedule your workouts in your planner and show up with 100% effort for each appointment with yourself. Check off your completed workouts and celebrate these small victories!
- Don’t allow discouragement to slow you down. If you have an “off” day, wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Remind yourself that healthy is a lifestyle and choose to learn daily from your experiences.
- Set yourself up for success. The night before set out your workout clothes for the next day. Do whatever steps necessary to make it easier to show up for yourself!
What will you do today to make exercise a priority?
Start where you are and take steps toward your goals daily. And never quit on yourself my friend. I’m cheering for you!
Check out my (free) Summer Sizzle Guide for a quick, effective workout that requires no equipment and a yummy recipe to keep you cool. Summer Sizzle Guide
About Mary Beth – Mary Beth is married and a mother to 2 big kids. She is a Certified Personal Trainer & Nutrition Coach on a mission to help women create healthy, confident lives through creating a sustainable lifestyle. She supports clients online & in person with programs that cut through the “internet information overload” by sharing clear steps to help women reach their goals.