**Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of United Healthcare. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own.
United Healthcare – March 2016 Dares
A couple weeks ago something pretty scary happened to me. A package arrived at my doorstep and I was eager to open it. I used a pair of scissors to cut open the box, but the packing tape was really tight. I yanked on the scissors to help jiggle the tape loose and by doing this I accidentally stabbed myself in the opposite forearm with the scissors. It hurt. Bad!
Almost immediately I realized I was going to need stitches. It was a Saturday afternoon and both my husband and Baby Awesome were taking naps. I woke them up and we headed to Urgent Care to get my arm looked at. I ended up getting two stitches and having to go to Urgent Care four times over the next ten days. I’ve never been more thankful for my health insurance. All those times in Urgent Care could have really added up, and I was happy to know my care was covered under our family’s health insurance plan (and no co-pay!)
One thing I feel very strongly about it understanding your health care coverage as well as preventative options. If you’re unfamiliar with “We Dare You To Share,” it’s a community created by United Healthcare that provides healthy living information on things like nutrition exercise, health screenings and more. Every month they do several “dares” to encourage you to live a healthy and active lifestyle. This month there are three dares that focus on health care education:
- Test Your Smarts – Test how much you know about managing health care insurance costs for a chance to win.
- See & Sound Off- Watch the “Virtual Visits” video and share your opinion for a chance to win. The video is a little under two minutes long but I think it’s really helpful because virtual visits are becoming more preferred options for patients compared to waiting in doctor’s offices.
- Concentration Game – This month’s game is to match the UHC tool to its definition for a chance to win. I completed it, but it took me 18 moves to figure it out. I hope some of you can complete the game in less moves than I did.
The Giveaway – Win a $100 Gift Card to Dick’s Sporting Goods
And now it’s time for my favorite part of the March 2016 Dares – The Fit & Awesome Giveaway!
Every month there is a prize on the We Dare You site. This month they are giving away a $400 pre-paid gift card. In addition to this prize, you have the opportunity to win an additional prize by entering through Fit & Awesome. This month we’ve decided to give away a $100 gift card to Dick’s Sporting Goods. Spring is around the corner, and I thought it’d be fun for the winner to head to Dick’s Sporting Goods and get new workout gear, shoes, camping gear, or whatever their heart desires! Here’s How to Enter:
1) Go to http://www.wedareyoutoshare.com/
2) You will see the three March Dares listed like this:
**Note: you must enter this promo code to be eligible to win the $100 Gift Card to Dick’s Sporting Goods so don’t forget!**