Source4Women: “Dare You To…” November Image Upload Contest
**Disclosure: This is a Sponsored Post. I was compensated by Source4Women for this post but all thoughts and opinions are my own.**
If you’ve been reading Fit & Awesome for awhile now, you may be familiar with the post I did back in September about United Healthcare’s new online community for women called Source4Women. This new community provides healthy living information on things like nutrition, exercise, health screenings and more. One of my favorite things they do is each month they host an image upload contest and giveaway where they dare you to do something and win really awesome prizes. In September they gave away a $400 Visa Gift card and last month they gave away a tablet! This month they are giving away $400 worth of groceries. Um, sign me up!
This month the November dare encourages women to make a healthy substitution in one of their standard recipes and upload a photo of it. Well for me being gluten free this was easy – I pretty much swap out ingredients in every recipe I make. One of my favorite swaps in recipes is almond meal aka almond flour. I swap this out for any recipe calling for flour and especially baked goods. It’s my favorite gluten free flour. I’ve tried others but for me everything tastes the best when it’s made with almond meal:
The gallery this month is filled with all sorts of good photos of healthy food substitutions. Here are some of my favorites:
- Avocado: I saw a couple of avocado photos in the gallery but this one is my favorite. Some people have posted that they used avocado in replace of butter on sandwiches. Very interesting!
- Zucchini: This person uses zucchini in replace of noodles when she is making lasagna. I agree zucchini is a great substitution for noodles. I had zucchini noodles last week and they were SO good. I want a noodle maker now. Bad.
- Kale Chips : A photo of kale chips being used in replace of potato chips. I love me some kale chips and I eat them all the time. I even have a recipe for spicy kale chips here on Fit & Awesome!
- Carrot: I don’t know why, but this photo of a lone carrot on a plate just made me laugh. I’m not sure what this person is substituting carrots for, but they made me chuckle!
- Cauliflower: Another great substitute that can be used to make cauliflower rice or cauliflower mashed potatoes. I eat cauliflower mash a lot and have a recipe for cauliflower mash here on Fit & Awesome. Check it out!
It’s a lot of fun browsing through the gallery and seeing what kind of substitutions people use. You can check out the gallery here: http://www.wedareyoutoshare.com/gallery. You can enter the contest at http://www.wedareyoutoshare.com/. I know you all have your favorite healthy substitutions for recipes, so grab your phones and upload a pic for a shot at winning $400 in groceries. Enjoy!
What about you? Do you ever use food substitutes and make healthier versions of your favorite dishes? Post in the comments and let me know!Shop Amazon - The Electronics Holiday Gift Guide