A Free Ride at SoulCycle Manhattan Beach!
This past weekend we hosted our first Fit & Awesome offline event – a free ride at the new SoulCycle in Manhattan Beach. For those of you who are unfamiliar with SoulCycle, it is like a dance party on a bike. You follow the instructor and ride your bike to the beat of the music. The music is loud, fast paced, and the group energy is infectious!
All attendees were greeted with an awesome swag bag filled with the following goodies:
- SoulCycle Tank Top – A free class and a tank top? These were a huge hit!
- Fit & Awesome workout towel – My first ever Fit & Awesome swag. I was pretty stoked with how they turned out.
- Icebox Water – A great brand of boxed water that’s in eco-friendly, sustainable packaging.
- Kaibae- An amazing powder made from the superfood baobab. It’s a prebiotic you can sprinkle on your yogurt, fruit, cereal – anything!
- Amy and Brian’s Coconut Water- We had all different types of coconut water including cinnamon and grape!
- Athleta Friends & Family Discount coupon – Athleta is located right next to SoulCycle Manhattan Beach in The Point and they were kind enough to give all attendees 25% off their purchase.
Our instructor Jillian kicked our butts in the best way possible. She really likes rap music so she had us spinning to some of her favorite tunes. She had us go up in the saddle, doing dips from side to side, and doing push ups on the bar while pedaling. It was intense and a very sweaty good time. My favorite part of the class was when she played TLC’s “Waterfalls” and had everyone sing along while pedaling. We were all so tired but the energy of the group kept us going. After the class was over we snapped this awesome #sweatyselfie.
After the class was over everyone snacked on refreshments that included Amy and Brian’s Coconut Water, a Tuscan kale salad from True Food Kitchen (with breadcrumbs and cheese on the side for our gluten-free and vegan friends) and gluten-free fig bars and beauty water from Sakara Life. They were a huge hit!
The team at Sakara Life also was onsite to hand out their refreshments. The company was founded in New York and just expanded to Los Angeles. They are an organic, plant-based home delivery meal service. It was so great to meet them!
My high school friends who now all live in the South Bay near us also joined us:
Madeline and Erik, who I work with on the Board of Directors for Social Media Club LA, also came out to represent:
The SoulCycle Manhattan Beach class was our first offline event and it will definitely not be our last. The class sold out in less than 48 hours and our entire SoulCycle class was filled with friends of Fit & Awesome. It was really great and I can’t wait for our next event. Hope to see you there!
What about you? Have you ever taken a SoulCycle class? What did you think? Would you come out to our next offline event? Post in the comments and let me know!Shop Amazon - Top Holiday Deals in Sports