**Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Repreve. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own. Enjoy!**
Turning it Green with Repreve
If you’ve been following me on Twitter and Facebook, then you’ve probably seen me post about Repreve – an awesome company that makes clothing and outerwear from recycled materials. Repreve was also a sponsor of the Winter X Games this year. I love snowboarding, and I love being as eco-friendly as I can so naturally Repreve is a company that I have been very excited about working with!
What Repreve does is they create a fiber using recycled materials such as plastic bottles. Brands like Volcom, Patagonia, Blue Avocado, and North Face are all using the Repreve recycled fibers in some of their materials. Additionally, Repreve makes their own line of products such as beanies and scarfs. Pretty cool! Here’s a link to check out more products using the Repreve materials: more Repreve products.
I love seeing companies that are making differences like this on our planet. We sure need it. In the spirit of being eco-friendly and awesome, here are 5 Ways I #TurnitGreen in my everyday life:
1) Using Reusable Water Bottles and Coffee Mugs wherever I go – If you’ve seen me out and about, you’ve probably seen the Camelbak waterbottle sticking out of my purse or me carrying my insulated coffee mugs on our morning dog walks. I try and keep a coffee mug in my car, too, so I don’t have to use a disposable one (even though sometimes it inevitably does happen).
2) No bottled water. We use a water Filter in our house and replace the filter when it needs to be replaced.
3) Recycle! We have a separate trash container for recyclables and a separate trash can outside as well. Most weeks our recycled trash is greater than our regular trash. We consider this a good thing!
4) Succulents-The only plants we have in our home are succulents, which require less water than normal plants. We are in a drought here in California right now and taking water conservation very seriously.
5) Limited Paper Printing – We have a printer in our home (I have to for my business), but I try and limit the amount of printing I do in my business. Additionally, we have moved all our paper bills to online so we are trying to limit and cut down on the amount of paper mail we receive. I used to print out almost everything because I liked physically reading papers but I’ve been working hard to save trees and go light on the printing and happy to say it IS working.
I know there is more we could be doing and I plan to try and incorporate more daily #turnitgreen practices into my life in 2014.
To celebrate the X Games (congrats to Danny Davis and Kelly Clark..woot!), Repreve is hosting a really cool giveaway. From now until 2/2, you can create a video on social media and use the hashtag #TurnItGreen. Once you share the image or video with the hashtag, you will be entered into a sweepstakes where you can be entered for a chance to win $5,000. Sounds pretty awesome, right? Check out my video by clicking the image below. And yes, the video is featuring KONA:
For more information you can visit the REPREVE website to check it out.
And just because you are all so awesome, I am going to do my own little giveaway on my site and give away that sweet green beanie you see me wearing in this pic:
Don’t worry, I have two beanies so if you win you’re not going to get the one with my head sweat 🙂 To enter my beanie giveaway, visit the REPREVE website and view their awesome products. Then, post in the comments and tell me which one you like the best. I will be picking the winner this Friday 1/31 so get on it! May the odds be ever in your favor.
What about you? How do you #TurnItGreen in your own daily lives? In addition to the giveaway question above, post in the comments and let me know about your eco lifestyle!
Shop Amazon - Top Holiday Deals in Sports