I recently announced my pregnancy here on the blog. You can read the Pregnancy Announcement Post here.
Growing a human is hard work. Like anything, I’ve had good days and I’ve had bad days during my pregnancy. I’m thankful for these awesome products for helping me get through my pregnancy. Here are my Top 5 Essential Pregnancy Products! Thank you to all my friends with kids who have helped recommend these items to me. They have helped so much!
Top 5 Essential Pregnancy Products
1) Snoogle Maternity Pillow– If you would have shown me this thing a year ago I would have laughed my head off at the thought of using something like this. It looks like a big long snake! And the name is hilarious! But around week 16 I started getting really bad pregnancy insomnia and it was hard for me to sleep at night. I was using about 5-6 pillows to get my head, stomach, and legs comfortable and it was just tough. The whole sleeping on your left side thing? Super hard for me. Two of my friends recommended the Snoogle. Let me just tell you – the first night I had it I slept 10 hours without even having to take a bathroom break. After nights of restless sleep, this was a god-send. And it makes it easier for me to sleep on my left side all night without tossing and turning. I like to snuggle with my Snoogle and have it support my stomach, but it’s also great for back support, too. You can find them online at Amazon here or at Bed Bath & Beyond.
2) Belly Band– This is one of those items I wish I would have found out about sooner in my pregnancy. I didn’t buy one until around week 18 and really could have used it during my first trimester when I was holding my pants together with a rubber band! Basically what it does is allows you to wear your pre-pregnancy pants by unbuttoning them and putting the belly band over to smooth it out. I have been doing this with a lot of my shorts on the weekend right now since it’s so hot out and it works wonders. It’s great because it’s only $15 and it allows you to wear normal clothes. You can find it here on Amazon.
3) Belly Butter– Okay, this one is weird for me. Why? Because I never really imagined myself rubbing “Belly Butter” all over my pregnant belly. I’ve been told it does wonders to help with stretch marks. I don’t have any stretch marks on my belly yet so I consider this to be a good sign that the belly butter is working. Plus it feels nice and relaxing. I really enjoy this Belly Butter by Burt’s Bees.
4) Protective Belly Blanket – I spend a lot of time at my computer, both for work and for my blog. When I got pregnant I stopped putting my laptop on my lap because I was worried it could somehow hurt the baby. My doctor has told me that it’s best to limit wireless exposure and sleep with no electronics in the bedtime if you can. I ended up purchasing this Protective Belly Blanket to wear over my belly when I am working on my laptop on the couch and whatnot. It is said to block a lot of the radiation and I find it to be a protective step that makes me feel a whole lot more comfortable. If you are a blogger or someone who spends a lot of time working on the computer I highly recommend investing in one of these. You can find them online at Amazon here.
5) Prenatal Vitamin– A prenatal vitamin is a must for all pregnant women. Now, I’m not a doctor so you should really speak to your own doctor before deciding what Prenatal Vitamin is right for you. They have kinds that are available over the counter as well as prenatal vitamins that you can get via a prescription from your doctor. Here is the one I’ve been taking from Rainbow Light. So far I like it a lot.
There you have it, my Top 5 Essential Pregnancy Products. I hope this list can be helpful to you or someone you know who is pregnant.
If you have anything that’s been particularly useful for you during your pregnancy, I’d love to hear about it! Please post in the comments and let me know.
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate linksShop Amazon - The Electronics Holiday Gift Guide