**Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of United Healthcare. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own.
We Dare You To…
May is one of my favorite months of the year. Why? The main reason is because it’s my birth month and I enjoy celebrating my birthday. For me it’s a time to reflect on the past year and set goals for the year ahead. I am typing this to you on my actual birthday (May 6th) and I’m going to share some goals I have for this upcoming year:
- Make Fitness a Regular Priority – This is something I’ve struggled with since becoming a mom. Some weeks I am awesome and work out 5 days a week. Other weeks I only work out once or twice. Sometimes I get really busy and am not able to work out at all. I hate when that happens and I want to get better at consistency. Even if it means doing a quick 15 minute HIIT workout in my living room after Awesome Toddler goes to bed I just need to make it happen.
- Complete the Redondo Beach triathlon – Last year I did the mini sprint when Baby Awesome was only 5 months old. This year I plan to do the sprint triathlon and swim twice a week as part of my training (see goal number one)
- Become More Efficient with my Time – I work in a service based business and realize my most valuable asset to both my work and my personal life is my time. I want to get better at organizing my time so I can be a better wife, mom, and business owner.
- Learn to Say No – This relates back to being efficient with my time. I need to learn my own limits and boundaries and be okay with having to say no sometimes.
If you’re unfamiliar with “We Dare You To Share,” it’s a community created by United Healthcare that provides healthy living information on things like nutrition exercise, health screenings and more. Every month they do several “dares” to encourage you to live a healthy and active lifestyle. This month there are three dares that focus on health care education:
- Test Your Smarts – Test your knowledge on pharmacy benefits for a chance to win.
- See & Sound Off- Share your opinion about using your health care benefits for a chance to win.
- Puzzle – This month’s game is a puzzle instead of a concentration game. You get to match up the tiles. I was not good at this game. It took me 29 moves. Doh.
The Giveaway – Win a $100 Gift Card to Amazon
And now it’s time for my favorite part of the May 2016 Dares – The Fit & Awesome Giveaway!
Every month there is a prize on the We Dare You site. This month they are giving away a $400 pre-paid gift card. In addition to this prize, you have the opportunity to win an additional prize by entering through Fit & Awesome. This month we’ve decided to give away a $100 gift card to Amazon. Here’s How to Enter:
1) Go to http://www.wedareyoutoshare.com/
2) Take any of the three May Dares (Quiz, Watch Video and the Puzzle). Use the promo code “FITANDAWESOME” when entering. If you complete all three dares you will receive three entries.
**Note: you must enter this promo code to be eligible to win the $100 Gift Card to Amazn so don’t forget!**
What about you? How do you celebrate your birthday? Do you reflect on the past year and create goals for yourself? Post in the comments and let us know.