Awesome Fridays – Battle of the Paddle, Goodbye Breaking Bad, 10K’s, and more
Happy Awesome Friday, everyone! I hope you had a great week. Today I feel like using bullet points to recap all the awesome things that happened over the last 7 days. Here we go:
- I completed my first paddle board race! It was last Saturday in Dana Point at the Rainbow Sandals / Gerry Lopez Battle of the Paddle. I have to admit that when I first got to the beach, the course looked gnarly and I was scared. I wasn’t sure if I was even going to do it. But I sucked it up and I went for it. I wasn’t looking to win and was just looking to finish and that’s what I did. I am feeling very proud of myself for this accomplishment. Two Thumbs Up. Many thanks to my friend Christine for pushing me to sign up and do this race with her. I needed a good kick in the butt!
- Do you watch Breaking Bad? My husband and I binge watched the last 5 seasons in the past 6 weeks and caught up just in time to watch the series finale. Wow, what a great show. If you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend. It is quite gory but the storyline and character development is phenomenal.
- Mega Congrats to my pal Heather on completing the Lake Tahoe Marathon. She has a blog called Unusual Trekker. You can read her recap here.
- I got an amazing package of paleo inspired baked goods from a bakery in Massachusetts called Sweety P’s. Their little cake bites are so fricking amazing. I’ve been freaking out over them since I got them and my husband and I have been trying not to eat the whole box. Will post more on them soon.
- This article on How to Poop in the Woods made me laugh.
- Kona is getting HUGE. We went to the vet yesterday and she weighs almost 25 pounds. She’s super long now and hilarious when she stretches out.
- My Lorna Jane Styling session recap will be live later today or tomorrow. Be on the lookout for it!
Tomorrow my husband and I are running a 10k! It is my first running race in almost a year. I haven’t run much lately other than sprinting at soccer so this should be interesting. Wish me luck!
Have a great weekend, everyone. Be fit. Be awesome.